Sunday, November 11, 2012

Moist Ham Loaf

Today's recipe is my son, Alex's favorite. My family are big meatloaf fans. I try to make a different meatloaf at least once a month sometimes twice depending on what I can find. This is one that I have been making for quite a few years now and no matter what changes I make its always turns out great.

Moist Ham Loaf
Moist Ham Loaf

1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound ground fully cooked ham (I take ham chunks and put them in the food processor to grind)
1/2 pound ground turkey

Cranberry Sauce:
1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce (homemade or out of a can)
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

In a bowl, combine first five ingredients. Crumble ham and turkey over mixture and mix well. Press into a greased 9 in x 5 in x 3 in loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 50 -55 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.

In a sauce pan, combine sauce ingredients. Cooke and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with ham loaf. 

Yields 6 servings

Give it a try and let me know how you like it. 

~ Farm Girl
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment