Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Italian Style Meatloaf

Your going to learn something new about me here today. I'm a freak for meatloaf. But, I don't like the same meatloaf over and over, so I try different ones every chance I can get. Why, well because burger is cheaper than steak and we also raise beef cattle so I always have an abundance of it. We'll usually I do. Just recently ran out. Bummer!

The Italian Style Meatloaf I'm sharing here today is a new one for us. I made it a few weeks ago. We really did enjoy it. With my family if you add cheese to it they'll eat anything.



1 pound ground beef
2 eggs beaten
3/4 to 1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 (14.5 oz) can seasoned diced tomatoes, drained (I used Hunt's Basil and Oregano flavoring)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs and ketchup. Add in the Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, garlic salt, diced tomatoes and cheese. Press into a 9x5 loaf pan if desired or shape into loaf log in a 9x13 baking dish, cover loosely with foil.

Bake 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.

Enjoy!

~ Farm GirlPin It

2 comments: